Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Adoring Him


Since the opening of the St. Peregrine Shrine, in Mesa, AZ, committed adorers have come to sit all hours of the day and night. It is quite impressive to know that over 400 people have signed up to adore Him for one hour, once a week.

Visiting with Jesus every week, is a powerful experience. You cannot come in with your troubles and leave with same state of mind. The effects of his presence are profound and cannot be easily dismissed. Although we say “Yes” to Jesus at weekly mass, being before him in the Chapel is a different kind of feeling. Sometimes it is overwhelming.

Immediately upon entering, I can sense His spirit fill the air. My eyes become transfixed on the spectacular monstrance before me. He seems to pierce my very soul at the moment of entry, pulling out all my emotions, even ones I don’t even know I have. It’s not always easy being before the King. He seems to expose my very heart; not for my own humiliation, but for His healing touch.

We may enter this place with broken lives and flowing tears, but we know He has been waiting for us with endless Love, Comfort and Joy - Peace comes from Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment