Wednesday, February 17, 2010

defenseless

Oh my Jesus, I bring you my sorrows and pains. I have begged for your mercy, to take these troubles away from me. You have always accepted them, telling me to leave them at your step, always available to me with your endless love.

Lord, what else do I have to offer but my selfish desire to be healed?

I can give but I don't know how to accept from you. I know that if I let go of my wants, only then you can fill my emptiness. Whenever I bring you my pain, I am for myself; therefore I am rejecting your invitation to openness. How can I empty myself to the point of not resisting you? I know I can't accept you fully until there is a space inside of me that is aching to be filled by you.

I imagine what it must be like to be as loving as you are, as others pour them self out, you are open and accommodating without condition or judgment. Sometimes I see you in them, in their desperation and pain. They suffer too, just like me. Lord, give me the grace to have a moment of compassion and love, the way you do.

So Lord, I won't beg you to free me of my troubles, but I'll pray for the grace to ask you for nothing at all. If I could approach you empty handed, my issues will become meaningless, and I can reflect your love more fully as I approach your people. Maybe then I will stop resisting you whenever I see You in their eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment